The drawstring ponytail extension is also a kind of ponytail hair extensions. So it is also to help create more fascinating temporary ponytail and bun looks in the simple way within a minimum of time. It also includes human hair ones and synthetic hair ones at a large number of lengths, colors, textures, styles and prices. Of course, as you know, I only love real human hair pieces. I can say, real human hair drawstring ponytail extensions are much better than other material ones. Why? It’s the same reason in How to Use a Claw Clip Ponytail Extension. However, it must be reminded that there are some differences for drawstring ponytail extensions. All drawstring ponytail extensions are featured with a drawstring and a small comb each, which are pre-sewn to attach the ponytail hair to your natural hair. And their applying method is different from claw clip ponytail extensions. Following you can see.
1. It is the same step. Select a drawstring ponytail extension at a local beauty store or online. There would be also so many choices for you. If you want the ponytail extension to blend well with your own hair, you should choose one at the length you prefer, with the color and texture closely matching with your own hair. If you want to be different, it’s up to you to take any kind of lengths, colors and textures in the market.
2. Wash, condition and dry your natural hair as usual and comb it thoroughly with a wide-tooth comb to eliminate any knots or tangles. You can comb it in the direction you want the ponytail to go. It’s up to you to apply gel or styling product on it or not. If you apply gel or styling product on your natural hair, the style you want will be held firmly.
3. Gather your natural hair together with an elastic band into a secure ponytail. Wrap your ponytail hair around the base of the ponytail to make a bun. Secure the bun with two bobby pins. As well as, you can use the gel or styling product to control the fluffy hair escaping from the elastic.
4. Place the drawstring ponytail extension over your bun and insert the small comb inside the drawstring slightly above the bun. Then, pull the drawstring on your natural hair bun tightly until the drawstring ponytail completely covers your natural hair bun. Slide the small plastic “lock” on the drawstring down toward your head and tuck the string inside the base of the ponytail extension where it won’t be detected.
5. Gently comb the ponytail hair. And you can wrap a ponytail holder or other accessories around the base of the drawstring ponytail to make it more natural or create other feelings of you.
Above is the basic applying method of the drawstring ponytail extension. Next is up to you.